Sunday, August 21, 2011

Messy Chicken 'n Twice Baked Taters

I have been a little sparse due to Brock and his tonsillectomy. Although, I have to say that I am so thankful I had a freezer full of meals. All I had to do these last few days was literally "just throw it in the oven" It's been so nice, especially when my free time is limited because if I'm not holding Brock, I'm holding Delilah- who no doubt is feeling a little neglected about the whole thing. Anyway,

The other night we had "messy chicken" AKA chicken bundles. I called this messy chicken because, well, out of all the meals I made on cooking day, this was by far the most messy and to most... labor inducing. {?} Anyway, the idea is dredge the chicken then coat with bread crumbs, cheddar and parmesan cheeses. This alone is a messy task, but according to the recipe, you are then supposed to fold the chicken breast in on itself to form "bundles". Uh... nothing doing. I don't know how one is supposed fold a chicken breast that wasn't pounded, and as per the recipe, pounding isn't involved. So, I just wrapped them individually in Seran wrap and then put them into the zip-loc bag. A messy task as well.  Anyway, here is what they look like out of the freezer-
 Oh and we had twice baked potatoes too. The recipe I used was from P-Dub. And if you don't have The Pioneer Woman's cook book yet, you need to get it. Anyway, I used her recipe minus the green onions, they don't freeze well, a chemical reaction or something like that...
 Into the pan. Messy, messy business. See all the cheese scattered around? All I had to do was put it in the oven, drizzle butter and cheese on top and pop 'er in. Cook it for an hour. When there was about 15 mins left, I threw the tater's in too.

 Yummmmm I love twice baked potatoes... Cheesy goodness. Am I right?
 And the chicken. It crisped up nicely in the oven.
 All together. The most important part, the cucumber water. My favorite. I drink a cucumber's worth every night. Thanks to my nice neighbor's who give me lots and lots of free cukes. If you haven't had cucumber ice water, you must try it. So refreshing.
 And wow, I really need to work on my food photog. So please be patient with me... I got lots more dinners to practice on. Anyway, do you want this recipe? I could post it. Let me know.

3 comments:

  1. yes, you should post all the good recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to tell you that I love that you're doing this. Those twice baked potatoes look really yummy. I'd like the recipes too :)

    ReplyDelete