Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dijon Pork Loin

It seems like I am getting behind on this blog doesn't it? Well I guess I kind of am... but not really. I made this Pork Loin on Sunday and here is it Wends and we are still eating left over pork. Last night I did make it into shredded BBQ for a little change of pace. AND I halved this recipe too, remember? Wow.
Anyway, to the Pork! 

Dijon Pork Loin. Pretty easily assembled, just throw the marinade into a bag then add the meat and freeze. On cooking day the book recommended cooking in the oven for a few hours, but to me Sunday it crock pot day. Just an easy meal day. Plus I wanted to throw some potatoes in with it for an easy side. It was pretty frozen still when I threw it in, so I cooked it on high for about 4 hours, then switched to low for another 4 hours or so.
 I also go brave and made a batch of rolls. My bread almost never turns out, but these actually tasted good. I'll have to keep it up I guess! Here is the dinner- pork, rolls and potatoes.  This just says Sunday dinner to me. Too bad I didn't make a dessert...
The verdict? It was good, I give it a 7 because it tasted like any other pork loin I have ever made. I couldn't taste the Dijon mustard marinade at all. Maybe because I cooked it in the Crock Pot? I don't know.. It was still good though, not dry at all. Tim liked it. B didn't even try it {he is such a stinker, I have no idea how to get this turd to eat}. D loved it. I think I have mentioned how much she likes meat.

As I said above, this was  half the recipe. We ate it Sunday, Monday and Tues I made shredded BBQ {mostly because I was getting sick of regular Pork} and we will be finishing it off tonight! Wow, 4 meals isn't bad. I'd also like to say that come Thursday, it will mark 4 weeks since I did my "big" shopping trip. I still have a freezer full of meals! Awesome, I usually have to do 2 "big" shopping trips a month. Of course I still have to make the little trips, for milk and fresh veggies and cereal- I don't think any one eats as much cereal as we do. So I think for the month of Aug I spent about $190 on groceries. This is an estimate, but pretty close. That's awesome, I think. I mean before I spent closer to $300 sometimes almost $400/month. That's without coupons and all that. So, I am going to continue my Freezer meal experiment. I have gone through almost all my meals {I halved them tho- so I am starting round 2}. So this blog might be quiet for a while. But If I cook the recipes differently or add something -think Chicken Yawn, it's going to get a big make over- I'll share it with you! Until then-

Orange Pork Chops {From last time}

Dijon Pork Roast

No comments:

Post a Comment