Friday, October 21, 2011

Navajo Tacos

I love tacos. Who doesn't? So much you can do with them, customize them to your likings. And the toppings. I love toppings. I was excited when I saw a 3 ingredient freezer taco meat recipe. The recipe suggested serving it in a pita {?} but I thought it would go better on fried dough. Isn't everything better on fried dough? Anyway-
 As per the recipe alls you need it 1 Lb ground beef, 1 C salsa and 1 8oz can stewed tomatoes. I added in a can of black bean, cause we like 'em. Anyway brown the beef, drain and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir together and there you have it. An easy Navajo Taco topper.
 To make the fry bread- I totally cheat and use Rhodes rolls. They are so yummy. Just de thaw- flatten- fry. Easy as that. Add your toppings and your set!
This is a meal I most definitely will be making again. The meat was so easy and it was delish. You could easily spice this up with a hotter salsa. I like it hot, but kept it mild for the kiddos. My family loves this dinner. Hope you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment