Friday, October 21, 2011

Colorado White Chili

I had two issues with this soup right off the bat. First of all, it's called a "White" chili... Does that look white to you? Secondly, it's called a chili. I don't know about you, but in my chili experience, there is usually a few different types of beans. This soup called for ONE can of beans.. Strange maybe it's a Colorado thing that I am not familiar with? Besides those two things this soup was ok... It had some strange seasonings. Ground cloves? Not a fan in a soup, personally, but I'll try anything once. Everything else was pretty standard- cooked chicken,beans, corn, pepper, oragano, cumin, green chilies etc.
 Tim really liked this soup. He did comment that he thought it could use a little more of a kick. Maybe jalepenos instead of green chilies next time. I did not like this soup. It was the cloves. Just didn't do it for me. Brock would only each the chicken. I think D liked it. I would make this again minus the cloves. Perhaps some black beans. I think it would be really good with shredded cheese and tortilla chips too. So, if you want the recipe just holler and I'll type it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment