Monday, October 10, 2011

Chicken Lelani

This dish was...interesting...I wanted to make it because it was a casserole dish. Something I didn't do last time. Although, I am not sure why I chose this one. It has lots of celery in it {cream of celery soup too} and Tim is not a fan of celery. But it was easy so I figured I'd give it a try. It has a chow mein noodle bottom, layered with a creamy chicken mix, topped with almonds. This is what it looked like before going into the oven-
 I also made these Olive Garden Breadsticks. They were YUMO. I found the recipe on Pinterest and of course I didn't pin it :(  So  if I ever find it again I will share. It was good and SO easy!
 The whole plate. I am going to be honest. I was not a fan of this dish. It just wasn't very...appeasing. And it didn't re-heat the best either. Brock didn't like it, Tim tolerated it and D didn't even try it. Needless to say, I won't be making it again. But if you are interested in the recipe, check it out HERE

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of celery either, or mushrooms, so when i need a cream of... soup - I use cream of onion - harder to find so I stock up when I do, and I love it. You could make a carrot substitute for the celery in the recipe too and it might be better... :P

    ReplyDelete