Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

It's time to play catch up! Sorry I have been slacking. I have had a super busy October so far. We went to Chicago and then my parents came to visit. So I have a few meals to share with you. First up is Chicken and wild rice soup. This is what it looked like out of the freezer-

                                     This was a pretty easy meal. Veggies, chicken, rice. It was time consuming, mostly because I had to cook the rice which took about and hour. I think you could use and Uncle Ben's microwavable pouch instead though. If you were in a hurry.

Here is what is looked like a'cooking. It was a little grainy so a was worried. But as it heated up it smoothed out.
                                     
 Here is what it looked like all heated through- sorry for the poor photo, steam. This soup was really thick. So thick in fact that Tim didn't even know it was soup. LOL he put it right on a plate instead of a bowl. Ha. So when we had it the second night, I added some extra chicken stock and it was much better.
The verdict? This soup was good. We all liked it. The bacon was a nice touch. I have never had Chicken and wild rice soup with bacon in it. I would definitely make this again. You can check out the recipe HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment