Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Blue Berry French Toast

Well, the first freezer meal....wasn't ever frozen. No room in my freezer. So I decided to leave this one out and bake it first. Mostly because it just looked so dang good! And who doesn't love breakfast for dinner once in a while?

So, here is what it looks- sorry about the iPhone photos. Basically lots of french bread, eggs and cream cheese! 
 Bake for 60 minutes and here is what we have! It smelled Ahhhh-mazing!
 Mmmmmm... Don't you want a bite. This dish was well received. Tim liked it, B loved it and D, well, she eats anything. It also reheated well. We just popped it in the oven.All in all an easy meal. I'm curious as how it would freeze, with all the eggs, but we'll have to see next time. Hope you like it! Get the recipe HERE

2 comments:

  1. I want the recipe. There isn't a link. It looks sooo good! We miss you guys like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggs freeze well, surprisingly. I make up batches of egg sandwiches (toasted english muffin, cheese, sausage or ham and eggs I've baked in muffin tins) put in individual baggies - wrap in a paper towel and microwave 1 minute, flip and another 45-1 minute - let cool about a minute and enjoy! The muffin gets a little softer the longer they're frozen, but we tend to eat them fast. I've also thought about just freezing the "innards" of the sandwich and toasting a fresh muffin....but I worry I wouldn't always have a muffin around, so I freeze them as a whole. Mike grabs them and heats them for on the way to work when he's running late and I make 'em for Adam to take the the bus too. OK long story, but the eggs are fine. Though I haven't tried raw eggs.....

    ReplyDelete